Director, Cancer Prevention / Control
This position has overall responsibility to launch and lead the Cancer Prevention and Control Research Program (CPC), a new initiative formed by the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center (JTCC/HUMC) and the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center at Georgetown University (LCCC GU) consortium partnership. The CPC will develop a multidisciplinary clinical and translational research platform focused on cancer prevention and control research to reduce the burden of cancer and improve the quality of life for cancer patients, survivors and those at risk for cancer in the community. The Dir, Cancer Prevention/Control sets the overall strategic and operational direction for the program. In addition, this position is responsible for obtaining external peer-reviewed funding, implementing and overseeing research projects, and authoring scientific publications in the relevant field of cancer prevention, survivorship and cancer disparities. This position is accountable for developing collaborative relationships with clinical researchers throughout the organization, building community partnerships, and facilitating research collaborations with the corresponding CPC program at LCCC.
- Conducts original peer-reviewed, federally-funded cancer prevention and control research.
- Leads in the identification, development and oversight of transdisciplinary, cross-institutional research collaborations and shared resources to support initiatives.
- In partnership with leadership from JTCC and LCCC, leads the development and implementation of CPC’s strategic vision and plan consistent with the overall clinical research goals of the LCCC-JTCC consortium partnership.
- Communicates program priorities and progress to internal and external audiences.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with internal and external partners including the LCCC, local communities, government organizations and other academic medical centers.
- Identifies external funding opportunities and leads efforts to secure funding support through grant submissions.
- Oversees research support funds to ensure compliance with funding agency requirements.
- Leads coordination efforts among PIs, research faculty, research staff, and data managers to ensure high quality management of all research projects.
- Interacts with other senior investigators and research teams to implement large, sophisticated research.
- Develops and implements an organizational structure and process for efficient and effective planning, management and delivery of CPC projects and work closely with program manager who will supervise day-to-day operational activities.
- Oversees development and management of budgets and sub-contracts associated with the program.
- Other duties as required.
- MD, MD/PhD or PhD required with experience and training in cancer control disciplines (e.g., behavioral science, health services research and policy, epidemiology or a related discipline).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must have established track record of funding and publications.
- Leadership experience and ability to facilitate collaborations with clinical researchers, build community partnerships, and mentor are desirable.
- Demonstrated track record of scientific achievement including extramural peer-reviewed research funding and scientific publications in the prevention and early detection of cancer, improving cancer outcomes, or reducing cancer disparities.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.