Director, Business Applications
The Dir, Business Applications will provide leadership, oversight, evaluation and direction for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). Responsible for initiatives, developing group goals and objectives, developing and evaluating staffing plans and identifies and defines user needs supported by Information Technology (IT). Maintains responsibility for the ongoing systems needs of the end-users. Manages budgets of department and of assigned projects. Assists in the development and execution of the department's communication strategy. Participates in the assessment, selection, and implementation of ERP software and the strategic planning of the ERP function.
- Ability to meet deadlines and lead projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Will lead strategic initiatives and coordinate simultaneous enhancement projects.
- Direct and manage the technical team responsible for maintenance of all Business Applications for HMH Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) and Financial Management Systems (FMS).
- Works with the HMH leaders to identify current and future information needs and opportunities.
- Guides project team through design, build and implementation phases of various Business Applications, HRMS and FMS projects.
- Directs, guides and mentors Business Applications teams.
- Directs end users in their requirements analysis, planning, selection, design, implementation and support of core systems in support of HMH’s strategic goals.
- Oversees upgrades/enhancements, consulting resources and general operations as related to HRMS and FMS information systems.
- Directs the development of detailed project plans and schedules for HRMS and FMS information systems implementations, upgrades, and support and directs analyst and programming staff efforts to accomplish these objectives.
- Ensures the daily management, coordination, development, selection, and operation of all Business Applications application-based Service Level agreements (SLA’s).
- Troubleshoots with end users and coordinates Business Applications, HRMS and FMS information systems activities with other directors to ensure user needs are met with no interruption to end users departments and core processes.
- Teaches, advocates, and mentors managers and staff on how to apply Business Applications, HRMS and FMS information systems standards, tools, and methodologies while delivering high quality, business-focused customer service.
- Directs and optimizes ongoing productivity improvement, cost effectiveness, and total quality management of Business Applications, HRMS and FMS information systems throughout HMH through the use of applications software.
- Maintains integrity of Business Applications, HRMS and FMS information systems project management process incorporating all HMH approved methodologies.
- Directs documentation of the current Business Applications information systems environment and ensures that departmental policies and procedures are maintained.
- Assists the VP, Business Applications in other duties and/or projects as needed.
- Adheres to the standards identified in HMH's Organizational and Managerial Competencies.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Healthcare Administration or closely related discipline
- Ten or more years of related experience in a leadership position.
- Ten or more years progressive experience managing Business Applications processes, Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) and Financial Management System (FSM) design, programming, selection, and implementation in a complex health care environment.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) in a similar working environment.
- PeopleSoft Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) and Financial Management System (FSM) experience, with usage and implementations of PeopleSoft system and technology components, including but not limited to PeopleSoft HR, Payroll, Benefits, Accounts Payable, Purchasing and Financial modules.
- Must have leadership experience with at least one full life cycle implementation with demonstrated past-success.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.