IT Technical Director
The Director Systems Engineering directs the activities of the engineering teams that integrate hardware/software into a functional system design. Designs and supports technical layouts and installations to deliver on application functionality. Conducts feasibility studies on technology capability to ensure proposed design is functional in real work deployments. Collects operational data and prepares system availability and performance information. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
- Identifies infrastructure-related initiatives and needs and designs solutions.
- Develops the organization's engineering infrastructure strategy that meets the organizational service delivery standards.
- Develops long-term engineering plans and architectures taking into account trends or best practices in the field (e.g., ITIL) and changing organizational needs.
- Meets or Exceeds service level agreements and key service delivery performance indicators or metrics, and identifies areas where performance can be improved through infrastructure changes.
- Responsible for an engineering team(s) that provide technical support with the goal of ensuring integrity and reliability of technologies.
- Oversees and approves planned or unplanned maintenance, troubleshooting or root cause analysis, and problem resolution; seeks to minimize downtime or service disruptions.
- Ensures that necessary training and education to recognize and assess threats, avoid disasters and assess the impact on critical systems and functions is obtained and properly managed within the organization.
- Supports IT department on disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Works closely with other IT leaders to develop and test strategies and test plans.
- Supervises work with vendors, contractors and consultants to maintain and enhance security and disaster recovery process.
- Supports disaster recovery tests are conducted at regular intervals.
- Establishes departmental goals governing performance, availability and capacity, and tracks and reports on departmental achievement.
- Reviews and approves capital planning, budgeting, and vendor selection and management.
- Responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, and termination.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, IT or other related IT/health field.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience in a technical multi-discipline management.
- A minimum of five years of experience in technical leadership, preferably within healthcare.
- Ability to foster teamwork while leading and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking, routing and IT service management.
- Requires leadership skills, judgment, creativity, and comprehensive knowledge of the field.
- Ability to manage problems and build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to drive strategic direction.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Master's degree in Business Management, IT or other related IT/health field.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.