Dietary Aide - Part Time - Evening - Sign On/Incentive Bonus Available!
The Dietary Aide assists in the service of meals for patients across the lifespan, as well as visitors and staff.
- Prepares, pours, or portions some hot or cold items such as desserts, beverages, toast, meat and vegetable salads, sandwiches, lemons, garnishes, etc. for service.
- Maintains proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean-up.
- Cleans work station, including refrigerators, toaster, urns, ice cream freezer, or other equipment as assigned with designated cleaning and/or sanitizing solution.
- Washes pots, dishes, silverware, and other utensils used in the kitchen or uses the dish machine or pot machine and stores items in designated areas.
- Disposes of garbage in appropriate dumpster or compactor.
- Mops and/or sweep all floor areas in the department.
- Exposed to extremes of temperature (freezer to steam table).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- To work every weekend.
- To work five (5) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience with or knowledge of nutrition/dietetics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.