How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Dietary Aide assists in the service of meals for patients across the lifespan, as well as visitors and staff.
A day in the life of a Dietary Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares, pours, or portions some hot or cold items such as desserts, beverages, toast, meat and vegetable salads, sandwiches, lemons, garnishes, etc. for service.
- Maintains proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean-up.
- Cleans work station, including refrigerators, toaster, urns, ice cream freezer, or other equipment as assigned with designated cleaning and/or sanitizing solution.
- Washes pots, dishes, silverware, and other utensils used in the kitchen or uses the dish machine or pot machine and stores items in designated areas.
- Disposes of garbage in appropriate dumpster or compactor.
- Mops and/or sweep all floor areas in the department.
- Exposed to extremes of temperature (freezer to steam table).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred.
- To work every weekend.
- To work five (5) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience with or knowledge of nutrition/dietetics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.