Dietary Aide - Full Time - Day - Sign On/Incentive Bonus Available!
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of
The Dietary Aide assists in the service of meals for patients across the lifespan, as well as visitors and staff.
- Prepares, pours, or portions some hot or cold items such as desserts, beverages, toast, meat and vegetable salads, sandwiches, lemons, garnishes, etc. for service.
- Maintains proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean-up.
- Cleans work station, including refrigerators, toaster, urns, ice cream freezer, or other equipment as assigned with designated cleaning and/or sanitizing solution.
- Washes pots, dishes, silverware, and other utensils used in the kitchen or uses the dish machine or pot machine and stores items in designated areas.
- Disposes of garbage in appropriate dumpster or compactor.
- Mops and/or sweep all floor areas in the department.
- Exposed to extremes of temperature (freezer to steam table).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- To work every other weekend
- To work five (5) out of six (6) holidays
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience with or knowledge of nutrition/dietetics
- Excellent customer service skills
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.