Deficiency Tracking/Suspension Analyst
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Deficiency Tracking/Suspension Analyst is responsible for compiling, organizing and analyzing patient medical records for Hospital Inpatient and Hospital Outpatient services to support the network goals for accuracy, timeliness and completeness for purposes of continued patient care, revenue and compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), The Joint Commission (TJC) and the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) Network policies and procedures.
A day in the life as a Deficiency Tracking/Suspension Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Retrieves paper records of all discharged patients from the nursing units in each campus.
- Creates a list of all charts not received and communicates with nursing and ancillary staff to resolve status.
- Organizes and assembles charts to remove documents that should not be scanned into the legal medical record and ensures that each page has the correct patient information.
- Scans documents into the legal medical record ensuring the complete original document is scanned appropriately for data integrity.
- Performs quality control (QC) of all scanned images for accuracy of the patient chart- image is exact replica of the original paper document. Rescans and reindexes original document when necessary according to procedure. Investigates, analyzes, verifies patient information utilizing multiple hospital computer applications to perform Document Corrections to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the patient record.
- Assists with medical record merging of potential duplicates as necessary and accurately completes potential duplicate merges as per departmental policy.
- Accurately reviews and analyzes HI deficiencies in Epic with a 98% accuracy rate which includes selecting the responsible physician(s).
- Performs re-analysis of records accurately ensuring information meets regulatory requirements regarding content.
- Performs physician suspension process by sending notification to the providers on their delinquent records. Assists physicians in the completion of their medical record deficiencies as needed.
- Generates Release of Information (ROI) reports for patient transfers.
- Assists patients with MyChart issues, providing verification codes, password assistance, and proxy access.
- Routes medical record requests received to the ROI vendor.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience in health information or health care or related field.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.