Database Administrator II
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Database Administrator II provides database administration for Microsoft SQL Server/ Epic/ Oracle including administration, replication, backup/restore procedures and related components such as Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration services, in addition to providing support for databases outside of SQL. This second level position is usually assigned larger more complex jobs than the level I job but smaller or less complex systems or business units than are assigned to the higher level Database Administrators.
A day in the life of Database Administrator II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Take ownership of problems through to resolution over a wide variety of systems and technologies.
- Ensure internal database systems are managed to the highest standard by following industry best practice.
- Performs work under general supervision.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems.
- Demonstrate problem management ownership and prevention of downtime.
- Actively contribute to the development of existing and new IT process and procedures to enhance service transition and service operation lifecycle stages.
- Demonstrate self-starter capabilities identifying areas of improvement and taking action in order to address service impacting issues.
- Provide operational support for the Epic Cache/ Oracle/ Windows/ SQL Server database environment.
- Database backup/restores, daily checks, maintenance tasks and building new database instances and applying service packs.
- Manage and escalate problems as appropriate and Investigate defects or problems, work with infrastructure and external vendors to identify solutions and support any fixes that are required as part of service improvement.
- Follow the Change Management procedure and other standard practices in installing, configuring and supporting databases and related items in Test and Production environments.
- Ensure service uptime is prioritized and all faults, incidents and problems are responded to in an efficient manner without negatively impacting SLAs and reporting metrics in place.
- Upgrade or maintain software at a time when the impact to the business is minimized.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors level degree or equivalent in Information Technology/Math/Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience.
- Analytical skills, communication skills, adaptable, and flexible.
- Windows Server Operating Systems Security concepts and technologies, including PCI & PHI understanding.
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DBS, DHCP & DFS. Enterprise storage, Enterprise-scale patch management & related maintenance methodologies.
- Network principles, protocols & Technologies.
- Epic Cache, Cogito, Oracle, SQL and other database technology platforms, backup & recovery, including, Disaster Recovery.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Four years of experience.
- Prior healthcare experience.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.