The Data Coordinator is responsible for overseeing activities associated with the data management process for his/her area(s) responsibility. This includes data collection and registration, protocol management and staff assignments.
- Collects, records, and verifies and submits all clinical data reports on a timely basis.
- Develops and oversees procedures to assign data collection to the clerical staff.
- Ensures protocol management.
- Prepares reports and assists with statistical analysis.
- Identifies the needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Lifts a minimum of 25 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 25 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Works with Department of Chair & Director to develop quality data dashboards.
- Assists Director & Managers with volume dashboards
- Sets up data bases for projects/programs as needed
- Presents data at meetings
- Always check validity of data
- Works with Oracle BI & EPIC teams to CULL correct/accurate data
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in health related field; i.e., Medical Records, Computer Science, Health Information Systems, Data Collection, Nursing.
Knowledge, Education, and Skills Preferred:
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all aspects of data which effect the department, whether it be quality, research or operational.
- Maintains knowledge software that captures data for the department and becomes the expert with any new data software that is introduced.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.