How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Cytotechnologist is responsible for preparing and screening all cytology material.
1. Screens and renders final diagnosis on normal pap smears.
2. Screens, marks representative cells, and renders a preliminary diagnosis on abnormal pap smears and medical cytology cases in a timely manner.
3. Assists with fine needle aspiration procedures performed on infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric aged patients.
4. Ensures the care and function of equipment and instruments.
5. Assists in the maintenance of appropriate slide files and statistics.
6. Perform all system functions necessary to achieve the timely reporting of results.
7. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
8. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Job entry: 0-2 years experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Three or more years of clinical cytology experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. ASCP eligible.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
1. Cytotechnologist - CT Certification.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.