Controller, SOMC Site
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Site Dir, SOMC Financial Ops is a corporate position within the Finance Department of Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). This position will assist in providing support to the hospital campus leadership team - President, COO, CNO, etc. relative to financial operations including but not limited to, budgets, monitoring monthly financial performance, financial planning for campus projects, etc.
1. Assists in development of operating budgets. Reviews current expense trends, research budget discrepancies and anticipates new expenditures. Reviews departmental budgets with on-site department directors/managers. Coordinates budget education sessions, analyzes and validates budget assumptions. Submits draft budgets to Corporate Finance Team to be loaded into budget system.
2. Prepares detailed financial analysis and trend reports including FTE, supplies expense and statistical data to support strategic goals and targets set by Network Leadership and Corporate Finance Team.
3. Supports on-site executive leadership in completing forecasts of Physician Volume providing detailed analysis by Physician, Physician Specialty and Practice including current and prior year hospital activity.
4. Participates in all executive leadership and operations meetings on-site.
5. Participates in following internal committees, such as FTE/Position Control Committee, Capital Committee, Chair's Volume Committee, and Executive Strategy Team meetings.
6. Assists in the monthly financial close process at each hospital campus, researching revenue and expense variances and providing guidance related to areas of strength and weakness to the Corporate Finance Team.
7. Prepares and provides to the President, Hospital Operations (COO) on a monthly basis a package/report that includes detailed financial, statistical, productivity, patient experience and quality information.
8. Tracks and works with on-site executive leadership team to monitor and release Foundation funds for projects/initiatives around the campus based on donor intent, in accordance with accounting standards.
9. Assists in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for the Acute Care Division. Develops budgets based upon financial performance measures. Reviews the performance results of the individual operating units. Reinforces positive results and continually strives towards performance improvement.
10. Assists in providing information and or coordination, where necessary, for the campus, relative to tax returns, construction projects, annual statistics for marketing materials, surveys, and other lists, support for annual external audits, liaison for annual or periodic inventories, and research projects.
11. Assists Corporate Finance Team in other projects, including leading due diligence, development of feasibility studies, valuation, financial disclosures, and other related duties as assigned.
12. Directs and disseminates financial reports within the organization to aid corporate decision making and strategic planning. Ensures reports reflect accurate and up-to-date information and are distributed on a timely basis. Acts as a liaison for on-site staff and provides support for systems conversions, upgrades, etc.
13. Acts as a liaison for on-site staff to educate and ensure staff understand Network-wide and Hospital-site policies.
14. Conducts financial planning and analysis to interpret trends, variances from budgets, and variances from standards and provides advice and counsel to staff consistent with established financial policy. Makes recommendations based on these analysis.
15. Develops and monitors internal control systems to safeguard assets.
16. Assures the absolute financial integrity of hospital's financial reporting data.
17. Actively participates in development of financial and statistical reports/charts/graphs/analysis within Network business intelligence reporting system.
18. Assumes an active role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
19. Works with hospital leadership in the development of short and long range planning objectives. Provides leadership and professional skills to ensure financial plans meet desired objectives.
20. Manages and assigns information requests and oversees interactions with corporate internal audit staff.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Seven or more years of management experience in finance, planning, or directly related activities in the healthcare industry.
3. Five years or more of public accounting experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. MBA or CPA preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.