How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The fundamental mission of the Department of Research is to facilitate and promote the research endeavors of investigators at HackensackUMC. The Department provides oversight and management of sponsored projects, and ensures compliance with institutional and sponsor policies and expectations.
A day in the life of a Contract Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides services to investigators conducting clinical trials at HackensackUMC.
- Responsible for editing, negotiating, and executing industry sponsored clinical trial contracts.
- Provides professional consultation, advice, and direction to all levels of HUMC staff and corporate sponsors regarding contracting issues such that HUMC clinical trial contracts will best meet legal sufficiency, risk management and financial requirements for the HUMC research objectives.
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve contracting processes as well as improve customer service.
- esponsible for handling material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, licensing agreements and conflict of interest compliance related to the research efforts of HUMC investigators.
- Conducts initial intellectual property (IP) analysis and notifies the Office of Commercialization and Technology Ventures of any potential IP, for further analysis.
- Reviews and coordinates approvals for press release forms, IP release forms and other miscellaneous and legal documents, as required by outside research collaborators.
- Reviews and analyzes outside agreements for multi-party/multi-funded research projects.
- Reports to the Manager of Clinical Trials Office.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Either a Bachelor Degree in science or business or a paralegal certificate.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to interpret, convey, explain, and uphold regulatory and institutional requirements.
- Ability to multitask and to handle a high volume throughput in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately comprehend and interpret medical and scientific terminology, concepts, and methodology.
- Advanced computer and spreadsheet skills.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of two years of experience in clinical trial contracts negotiation.
- Thorough understanding of budgeting principles and procedures, and FDA and state regulatory requirements in regard to clinical trials.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.