The fundamental mission of the Department of Research is to facilitate and promote the research endeavors of investigators at HackensackUMC. The Department provides oversight and management of sponsored projects and ensures compliance with institutional and sponsor policies and expectations.
- Provides services to investigators conducting clinical trials at HackensackUMC.
- Responsible for editing, negotiating, and executing industry sponsored clinical trial contracts.
- Provides professional consultation, advice, and direction to all levels of HUMC staff and corporate sponsors regarding contracting issues such that HUMC clinical trial contracts will best meet legal sufficiency, risk management and financial requirements for the HUMC research objectives.
- Continually seeks opportunities to improve contracting processes as well as improve customer service.
- Responsible for handling material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, licensing agreements and conflict of interest compliance related to the research efforts of HUMC investigators.
- Conducts initial intellectual property (IP) analysis and notifies the Office of Commercialization and Technology Ventures of any potential IP, for further analysis.
- Reviews and coordinates approvals for press release forms, IP release forms and other miscellaneous and legal documents, as required by outside research collaborators.
- Reviews and analyzes outside agreements for multi-party/multi-funded research projects.
- Reports to the Manager of Clinical Trials Office.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in science or business or a paralegal certificate.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to interpret, convey, explain, and uphold regulatory and institutional requirements.
- Ability to multitask and to handle a high-volume throughput in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately comprehend and interpret medical and scientific terminology, concepts, and methodology.
- Advanced computer and spreadsheet skills.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.