Coding Quality Educator OP
How haveYOUimpacted someone’s life today? AtHackensack MeridianHealthour healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Under the general direction of the Revenue Cycle Director and Coding Manger, Physician Services Division, theCoding Quality Educator OP'sprimary responsibility is the coding of all professional charges for reimbursement, research and compliance with all federal regulations using the ICD-10-CM classification system and CPT-4 procedural codes.
***Tele-work schedule will be offered.***
A day in the life of a Coding Quality Educator OP at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
- Successfully perform consistent coding quality reviews to validate correct coding of both providers as well as vendors providing coding support to PSD.
- Clarifies complex discrepancies in documentation and coding; assures accuracy and timeliness of coding assignments to expedite the billing process and to facilitate data retrieval for physician access and ongoing patient care.
- Performs follow-up complex coding of medical records as a result of internal or external reviews which have identified Coding discrepancies.
- Maintains knowledge and skills; reads current coding resources clinical information, videos, etc.
- Meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards and established department benchmarks.
- Extracts pertinent information from clinical notes, operative notes, radiology reports, laboratory reports, (including Pathology), procedure records, specialty forms, etc.
- Determines complex code assignment pertinent to diagnostic workups, surgical techniques, advanced technology and special services, identifies medical and surgical complications
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to the position as mandated by Hackensack Meridian Health.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma with required certifications and/or Associate's degree.
- A minimum of 2 or more years of relevant coding experience, with a high-level of coding expertise in the following areas and/or disciplines is required in the areas of:
- Risk Adjustment/HCC Coding
- Physician Coding
- Coding and/or chart review/auditing experience is required.
- Knowledge of Coding software and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Advanced knowledge of ICD-10 official coding guidelines, including the use of AHA Coding Clinic or similar authoritative resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with management personnel and the provider community.
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, meet multiple deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Adaptive and flexible to new ideas and change.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associates or Bachelors degree in health information management or similar preferred.
- Acceptable coding or HIM certification; RHIT, RHIA and/or CCS/CCS-P or CPC/CPC-H required. CRC strongly preferred, and will be required within first year of employment.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Acceptable coding or HIM certification, which include:
- RHIT, RHIA and/or CCS/CCS-P or CPC/CPC-H certification.
- CPMA strongly preferred and/or must be obtained within two year of employment.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.