Clinical Research Database Administrator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Research Database Administrator provides user support for the Hackensack Meridian Health Network Research Services and manages the Clinical Research Database(s). The Clinical Rsrch Database Admin includes providing support for all of its components such as administration, end use support, replication, and security workflow. Reporting to the Mgr, PI Initiated Rsrch Prgm, this position is in charge of the ongoing maintenance and ensures the needs of the investigators/end users, clinical research administration team, and Research stakeholders.
A day in the life of Clinical Research Database Administrator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Serves as the ongoing resource to modify, upgrade and ensure ongoing full system implementation and ongoing support for HMH Network use of REDCap/Epic database.
- Responsible for ongoing training needs assessment and ensuring that all parties utilizing the Research REDcap database are competent to perform functions necessary for their work.
- Develops reports for real time metric reporting and tracking for research activity within database.
- Develops REDCap/EPIC workflows that will improve and track outcomes as well as simplify data management and monitoring.
- Plans, and coordinates project activities and ensures that objectives are accomplished within project timeframes.
- Takes ownership of problems through to resolution over a wide variety of clinical research areas.
- Demonstrates problem management and prevention of downtime and demonstrates elf-starter capabilities identifying areas of improvement and taking action to address service-impacting issues.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies. 9. Other duties as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent in IT field or the equivalent relevant 4 years of experience in related IT database technology.
- Minimum of 2 years of system administration experience.
- Possesses working knowledge of subject matter.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize appropriately. Able to work both independently as well as part of a team. Self-directed and demonstrates high level of motivation.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- EPIC/REDCap/Oracle/SQL or other database technology platforms backup/recovery experience strongly preferred.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Prior research experience.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.