Clinical Nurse Manager Occupational Health
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Nurse Manager for Occupational Health is responsible for providing vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the developing and support of HMH's Central Region Occupational Health systems while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet the current and future business needs within the Occupational Health organization. Responsible for the management, coordination and day to day operations of all aspects of the Central Region Occupational Health clinics, & Occupational Health Surveillance Team (OHST) including but not limited to all services provided by the clinical support team members as well as internal/external customer (Employee/employer) and Team Member satisfaction.
**Must have own transportation as will be traveling to other sites: Hackensack and North Bergen**
A day in the life of a Clinical Nurse Manager for Occupational Health at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Strategic Planning: Assesses and assists in the development of product lines and services to satisfy the occupational health and safety needs for employers in a defined geographic area. Conducts formal and informal meetings to achieve Occupational Health strategic business goals.
- Monitors needs, responses to services offered and develops action plans to resolve any obstacles to the satisfaction of customers.
- Accountable for standardization of clinical services, site supervisors and ancillary clinical staff competencies.
- Customer Support: Discovers and meets the customer or clients' needs.
- Oversees clinical support team in providing quality services to facilitate return to pre-injured state and meet or exceed all internal/external customer service needs.
- Acts to have a positive impact on all internal and external customers using any of the occupational health services.
- Business Development: Identifies areas of underutilization in service area by monitoring volume and takes corrective action to improve utilization as needed.
- Explores leads from prospective new employers using workers compensation treatment as the core product line and ancillary health promotion services as secondary product lines. Problem Resolution: Uses contacts to solve day-to-day business problems for both internal and external customers.
- Seeks out advice from network on difficult or uncommon problems.
- Acts to develop and maintain a network of contacts, both inside and outside the organization with people who may be able to supply information, assistance or support for work related goals.
- Regulatory Compliance: Manages compliance excellence strategies and works with site leadership to manage standard operating procedures for all aspects of Occupational Health services with a focus on regulatory requirements and process efficiency.
- Key areas of emphasis include OSHA, NJDOHSS, CDC and TJC compliance regarding safety and, infection control, customer business planning, customer satisfaction, and industry benchmarks.
- People Management: Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement.
- Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals.
- Oversite of Clinic/OHST staffing mentoring site supervisors accountability for schedules.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Financial Management: Involved in the development and/or management of budget for assigned areas.
- Regularly monitors relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations. 8. Data Management and Analytics: Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested.
- Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Complete all other assigned duties and projects in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 35 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 35 lbs. and stands a minimum of 3 hour a day.
4 Year / Bachelors Degree required
5+ Years Occupational Health experience required
Leadership attributes in Occupational Health setting required
BSN / MSN OR MPH OR MPA OR EQUIVALENT required
NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License required
Certified Occupational Health Nurse - Specialist or Certified Emergency Nurse preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.