Chargemaster System Administrator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Chargemaster System Administrator keeps the Charge Description Master (CDM) current and accurate with regard to changes requested by clinical departments, makes timely updates to the CDM whenever new regulations are published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Systems (CMS), and communicates and coordinates their implementation with changes to the responsible department managers.
A day in the life of a Chargemaster System Administrator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Responsible for maintaining the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) CDM by incorporating new charges/services and updating existing charges.
- Manages daily operation of the CDM and ensures that all CDM requests are processed and issues are resolved in an appropriate timeframe.
- Ensures the on-going accuracy and integrity of the CDM by making sure all charges are communicated and coordinated with the performing departments.
- Ensures necessary changes to charge documents and charge capture processes are implemented.
- Resolves problems causing payer denial or failed Medicare edits as they involve the charge master.
- Manages coding/regulatory changes and reviews involving the CDM with appropriate departments.
- Coordinates with Patient Financial Services, Health Information, and other coding professionals to ensure the codes contained in the CDM are accurate and in compliance with regulatory and/or contractual guidelines for accurate billing.
- Manages CDM Epic projects including documentation, file building, testing, validation, workflow decisions, and implementation.
- Responsible for resolving CDM, non-CDM, and HI CPT table Epic issues for all hospital areas.
- Works with all Epic financial and clinical teams for all charging related parameters to implement and maintain Epic ambulatory, clinical, and financial systems.
- Ensures the charging/coding aspects of the clinical Epic systems meet regulatory and hospital pricing guidelines.
- Ensures non-CDM components of Epic involved with charging are up-to-date and compliant.
- Reviews account issues including adding charges and troubleshooting root causes of Epic and billing issues.
- Responsible for creating and analyzing daily CDM dashboard reports.
- Develops report specifications and works with Business Intelligence to ensure reports for operational needs are met.
- Builds new charges by reviewing, assigning, and validating CPT, HCPCS, and revenue codes and set prices.
- Works collaboratively with the revenue producing department staff and IT to ensure all charges are being captured and documented.
- Manages upgrades, user troubleshooting, and performs administrative responsibilities for the facility setup and maintenance for CDM/charging/pricing software programs.
- Educates HMH departments and physicians with respect to the use and maintenance of the charge master and charging philosophy.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent relevant years of experience.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience in a related hospital billing department.
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, Google Business, etc.).
- Knowledge of Epic clinical and financial systems.
- Maintain continual knowledge on government & third-party regulations.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Epic Certification at hire or must be attained within 3 months of hire (extension allowed if the course is not offered at the time of hire)
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.