Certified Pharmacy Technician
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician provides technical support for the registered pharmacist in order to provide the pharmacist with sufficient time to focus on required functions. Responsibilities include the filling of orders and maintenance of appropriate supply levels in filling areas.
A day in the life of a Certified Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares designated IV additive preparations using appropriate aseptic technique under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Prepares medication trays.
- Delivers or tubes (pneumatic tube system) medication to patient care areas in accordance with departmental policies.
- Ensures security, proper storage and delivery of all medications, supplies and orders.
- Prepares medication orders under the oversight of a registered pharmacist.
- Inspects and delivers medication carts to patient care areas
- Assists the pharmacist in the maintenance of adequate drug supplies in filling areas and gives notification regarding the need to reorder supplies.
- Assures that the filling areas maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists the pharmacist in maintaining the security of drug supplies.
- May resolve problems related to prescription inquiries.
- Escalates calls to a registered pharmacist as necessary.
- Provides appropriate documentation wherever and whenever required.
- Performs tasks associated with automated equipment and maintains appropriate records as designated.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational and Managerial competencies and standards of behavior
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Hospital experience with knowledge of unit dose dispensing and IV admixtures,
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid NJ Pharmacy Technician License.
- Valid Certification from PTCB or equivalent.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.