Certified Pharmacy Tech's FT/PT/Per Diem Opportunities!
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Certified Pharmacy Tech provides technical support for the registered pharmacist in order to provide the pharmacist with sufficient time to focus on required functions. Responsibilities include the filling of orders and maintenance of appropriate supply levels in filling areas.
A day in the life of a Certified Pharmacy Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares medication orders under the oversight of a registered pharmacist.
- Assists the pharmacist in the maintenance of adequate drug supplies in filling areas and gives notification regarding the need to reorder supplies.
- Assures that the filling areas maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Refers requests for drug information to a registered pharmacist.
- Assists the pharmacist in maintaining the security of drug supplies.
- Provides appropriate documentation wherever and whenever required.
- Performs tasks associated with automated equipment and maintains appropriate records as designated.
- Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 40 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Prepares designated IV additive preparations using appropriate aseptic technique under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Prepares medication trays.
- Delivers or tubes (pneumatic tube system) medication to patient care areas in accordance with departmental policies.
- Delivers medication carts to patient care areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Hospital experience with knowledge of unit dose dispensing and IV admixtures preferred
- Valid New Jersey Pharmacy Technician Registration and Valid Certification from PTCB or equivalent required
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.