Certified Medical Assistant, Structural Heart / Cardiac Surgery
Hackensack Meridian Health
is looking for
Talented Certified Medical Assistants for our Physician Practices!
We have multiple openings in 2 of our Premiere Practices, Structural Heart and Cardiac Surgery, that are GROWING! We are looking for experienced professionals to join our team!
Will consider recent certified graduates with externship experience.
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in providing clinical care to select patients under the supervision of the professional nurse or licensed medical practitioner and provides clerical office assistance when needed.
Experience in Cardiology and Epic is a plus!
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and instruments.
- Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting as directed.
- Takes patient's vital signs and records in medical chart.
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
- Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a performance evaluation checklist completion.
- Also performs UDS, BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after performance evaluation checklist completion.
- Maintains records by completing patient records as directed; file record and reports.
- Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
- Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
- Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies. Additional Essential Job Functions Ambulatory and Office:
- Performs telephone and in-person screening.
- Obtains and records patient history.
- Prepares patient for and assists with procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries.
- Applies pharmacology principles to prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding medications).
- Medication reconciliation.
- Screens and follow-up test results.
- Performs inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance of administrative and clinical equipment.
- Provides instruction for health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Schedules appointments; obtains patient demographic and financial information and enters information into electronic practice management tools.
- Communicates with licensed medical practitioners and delivers information to patients as directed.
- Schedules inpatient and outpatient admissions and procedures.
- Organizes and files medical records.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.