Certified Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Certified Medical Assistant provides clinical care under the supervision of the physician(s) and practice manager for the patients of the practice. Serves as a liaison between the patients and provider. Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical duties as requested.
A day in the life of a Certified Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and instruments.
- Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting as directed.
- Takes patients vital signs and records in medical chart.
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
- Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS, BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after performance evaluation checklist completion.
- Maintains records by completing patient records as directed; file record and reports.
- Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
- Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
- Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies. Additional Essential Job Functions.
- Ambulatory and Office:
- Performs telephone and in-person screening.
- Obtains and records patient history.
- Prepares patient for and assists with procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries.
- Applies pharmacology principles to prepare and administer oral and parenteral (excluding medications).
- Medication reconciliation.
- Screens and follow-up test results.
- Performs inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance of administrative and clinical equipment.
- Provides instruction for health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Schedules appointments; obtains patient demographic and financial information and enters information into electronic practice management tools.
- Communicates with licensed medical practitioners and delivers information to patients as directed.
- Schedules inpatient and outpatient admissions and procedures.
- Organizes and files medical records.
- Graduate of accredited school of Medical Assisting.
- 1 year experience in a medical office preferred
- National Certified Medical Assistant certificate required
- EMR experience a plus
- CPR certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.