Central Supply Technician (Full-Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Central Supply Technician is responsible for the cleaning, processing, and sterilization of surgical instrumentation, patient care equipment and re-useable medical/surgical items. This position also functions as a Case Cart Attendant for the Operating Room.
A day in the life of a Central Supply Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Receives, sorts, processes, assembles or sterilizes both patient care equipment and surgical instruments according to established departmental policies.
- Understands all detergents and disinfectants used to process items. Implements both Universal Precautions and proper use of P.P.E.
- Operates and loads sterilizers (Steam, ETO, Sterrad and Steris) and assures biological tests and Bowie Dick tests are correctly performed, incubated, read and recorded.
- Assures sterilization records are completed correctly by recording all item processed, making sure the correct label/load gun is used, reading and interpreting chemical integrator per load, observing and initialing all computerized print outs for accuracy.
- Adheres to correct use of computerized instrument count sheets.
- Prepares case carts for delivery to room by using doctor's preference information to assemble required instruments, drugs and special equipment.
- Notifies nursing team in room of missing items and confers with coordinator about shortages of supplies and equipment and completes a daily checklist.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Central Processing Course or 1 year experience instrument processing.
- To work every other weekend.
- To work three (3) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.