How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Cardiac Technician assists a trained, credentialed cardiology attending during all procedures. He/she is responsible for accurately performing the following procedures: all forms of stress testing, Holter application and removal, Holter scanning and ECG.
A day in the life of a Cardiac Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs application and detachment of Holter monitors.
- Provides educational instruction to the patient regarding the test and the reasons being performed.
- Scans, analyzes holter tapes and prepares holter reports for physician interpretation.
- Assists the cardiology attending in performing cardiac stress testing including radionuclide, stress echocardiography and pharmacological radionuclide procedures.
- Performs ECGs and other Cardiology testing as necessary.
- Reports supply needs in a timely fashion.
- Calibrates, cleans, and maintains equipment and reports equipment defects in an accurate and timely fashion to the technical supervisor or his/her designee.
- Completes and processes billing charge requisitions, logbooks, worksheets, and reports.
- Checks code cart and defibrillator daily; making sure lock integrity is maintained and documents the same.
- Assists in maintaining emergency equipment in the department and reports discrepancies to the department nurse or in her absence, the technical supervisor.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Participates in ongoing performance initiatives of the department.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a cardiac technical program or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of cardiac arrhythmia course within 30 days of hire.
- Basic understanding of cardiac disease and advanced understanding of arrhythmias.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1 year of prior experience in non-invasive cardiac procedures.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.