Cancer Registry Support Spec
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Cancer Registry Support Spec will perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support the Cancer Registry department in meeting requirements of all Cancer Registry guidelines and standards. The Cancer Registry Support Spec will be responsible for performing case finding, follow-up, and treatment completion on cancer patients across the Health System Cancer Registries in accordance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer standards and the regulatory standards of the New Jersey State Cancer Registry. This role plans, coordinates, collects, and records data on all cancer conferences and attends and records meeting minutes for registry business. This role will ensure confidentiality and security of patient data maintained in the Cancer Registry at all times.
1. Performs and maintains complete and accurate follow-up on cancer cases within Registry databases in accordance with the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Standards.
2. Utilizes resources such as Epic, Aria, E-Pathology applications, physician offices, and patient phone calls in addition to reaching out to outside sources (e.g. NJ State Cancer Registry), as needed, for necessary information.
3. Supports Cancer Registrars by assisting in tracking follow-up and/or treatment information on necessary patients, and assists in identifying potential cancer cases to be reported.
4. Prepares Tumor Board's cases list by soliciting cases, retrieving pathology and radiation reports, distributing lists to physicians, attending cancer conferences, and maintaining attending sheets.
5. Maintains Tumor Board database in Oncology software.
6. Supports Cancer Registry management team with clerical duties such as booking rooms, triaging phone calls, taking meeting minutes, making appointments, etc.
7. Attends, takes minutes/attendance, and participates in Cancer Registry-related meetings.
8. Completes and submits weekly status/productivity reports on time to assure accountability and performance.
9. Works with Cancer Registry Management and/or team to learn additional duties of Cancer Registry.
10. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare setting.
3. Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
4. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook.
5. Ability to work as part of a team.
6. Demonstrated written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
8. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple cases.
9. Demonstrated organizational skills.
10. Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associate's degree preferred.
2. Knowledge of cancer-specific medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology preferred.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.