Budget Analyst II
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Budget Analyst II position supports the day to day operations within the Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network. Assists in the coordination of budgeting functions, analysis, and preparation of the annual budget. Responsibilities also include producing daily, bi-weekly and monthly budget vs. actual reports related to statistics, patient revenue, FTEs, Operating Expenses and Capital Expenses. This level works with minimal supervision and acts as a resource for Budget Analyst I.
- Responsible for coordinating, with the budget owners, their annual staffing and salary budgets for the Medical Centers, affiliates, and the network office.
- Maintains and provide the Network FTE trend report for senior management.
- Compare current staffing levels to approved budgeted positions, BI benchmark driving staffing targets and HR position control.
- Reviews and approves new and changes to staffing levels in PeopleSoft HR module, elevating any unbudgeted staffing requests to the Dir, Budgets.
- Review all salary and staffing expenses for cost centers that are submitted during the budget process.
- Monitors the expenses and revenue budgets on a monthly basis by producing variance reports for management review.
- Works with Human Resources team to maintain position control on a monthly and annual basis to ensure budgets are properly assigned to departments; makes any necessary adjustments to the report during the year and reconciles all adjustments.
- Prepares agenda for FTE (full-time equivalent) Committee for executive meeting at the applicable HMH site.
- Responsible for presenting to senior executives at the medical center on a bi-weekly basis to ensure all budgeted and non-budgeted items are discussed and resolved.
- Provide bi-weekly site specific corporate FTE information to senior management for review.
- Update hospital wide monthly staffing metrics and salary expenses and report trends to senior management.
- Responsible for partnering with Payroll to ensure temporary help and labor distribution reports are produced on a timely manner to report FTE trends at the medical center and for the network for the monthly financial close.
- Produce daily, bi-weekly and monthly budget vs actual reports related to statistics, patient revenue, FTE's and operational expenses.
- Support the annual operating and capital budget processes (i.e. scheduling, analytics and presentation material).
- Assists department managers preparing their budgets at budget workshops or on a one on one basis.
- Update the budget education material and presentation to ensure both the process and software are up to date.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing data for use in forecasting, budgeting and analysis.
- Assist in preparation of Executive board package for senior management.
- Work with Business Intelligence group to incorporate changes in all budget reporting tools.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to Hackensack Meridian Health’s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hours a day.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of related hospital finance or budget experience.
- Proficiency with Excel and all Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with Senior Management and staff at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA).
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.