How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Appointment Coordinator is responsible for the management and scheduling of all patients for surgical and/or anesthesia related procedures in the Medical Center.
A day in the life of a Appointment Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Avoids conflict when scheduling patients.
- Provides input to assure that booking guides, physicians’ times, and other data elements are accurate.
- Assures accuracy of data input by checking and correcting data validity and statistical reports.
- Assures effective utilization of OR Room and time.
- Reports errors and omissions to appropriate personnel for correction/clarification.
- Consults with Medical Records to assure accuracy of statistics/demographic data.
- Prepares and delivers Daily reports to appropriate interdepartmental personnel.
- The Appointment Coordinator is responsible for the processing of all surgery related bills as well as all perioperative.
- Assures that special equipment, supplies, and room are available.
- Assures availability of supplies and initiates requests for special supplies for individual surgical procedures.
- Assures that all charges are entered and verified before processing charges.
- Assures accuracy of charges and patient information.
- Reports accuracy of charges and patient information (e.g. billing number).
- Lifts a minimum of 15 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 15 lbs. and stands a minimum of length of shift.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Computer literate.
3. 4-6 months hospital experience with medical and operating room terminology.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.