Applications Programmer V
The Applications Programmer V programs, tests, debugs, designs and maintains new applications or enhancements to existing applications across Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). Designs and develops software applications that support internal or external business functions. Handles the most complex issues. Generally assigned multiple complex tasks and larger projects. Acts as a project lead and leads various coordination efforts as assigned. Works independently and acts as a resource for lower level Applications Programmers.
1. Performs project management for all application programming implementation, maintenance, and support processes.
2. Effectively shares knowledge with and mentors lower level Applications Programmers.
3. Assists in the validation of work from lower level Applications Programmers.
4. Assumes positions of leadership when using advanced coding methods to create applications that efficiently and effectively perform specific functions.
5. Codes features and functionality based on detailed specifications or an understanding of business requirements.
6. Recommends technical solutions to complex business problems.
7. Oversees and is involved in the testing of component functionality, monitoring production application performance and troubleshoots and resolves issues.
8. Develops and maintains internal and end-user documentation.
9. Provides technical assistance and/or oversees such assistance during application implementation or maintenance.
10. May independently design databases.
11. Proactively seeks out process, procedure and/or policy improvement strategies.
12. Effectively communicates strategy to managers and other leaders.
13. Is a subject matter expert and may troubleshoot and resolve the most complex issues.
14. Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
15. Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
1. Bachelor's level degree or equivalent years of experience in a related Information Technology (IT) or other computer field.
2. Six or more years of relevant experience in an IT/other computer field.
3. In-depth knowledge and experience with one or more programming languages or frameworks.
4. Advanced project management and strategy development skills.
5. Advanced troubleshooting and solution skills.
6. Works independently and effectively manages time with little or no supervision.
7. Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
8. Effective oral and written communication.
9. Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
10. Collaborates with other team members across the department.
11. Demonstrates self-direction.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.