Applications Analyst V
The Applications Analyst V gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works independently and acts as a resource for lower level Application Analysts. This level has advanced knowledge of the functions and applications of information systems and the software development life cycle.
- Performs project management for all software implementation, maintenance, and support processes.
- Coordinates software building, testing and support tasks within the team, and among other Information Technology work groups, other departments within the organization, and vendors.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to team members and mentors staff to promote staff development.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures and in departmental and organizational process improvement efforts.
- Promotes teamwork, facilitates inter-team and intra-team communication and is a role model for the department.
- Considered a high-level specialist who regularly interacts and works with senior management.
- Takes positions of leadership when installing/upgrading new/existing applications and components, configuring application settings and validating work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Takes lead in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, contributes to, coordinates and runs meetings throughout the facility.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analyst’s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Functions as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of assigned analysts, including prioritization of work and coordination of resources.
- Uses advanced techniques, theories, and processes to complete work.
- Team player and ability to multi-task in a progressive environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare professionals and staff in one to one settings and for group presentations.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the actions of small groups to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Works independently and effectively manages time unsupervised.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the department.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the actions of a team to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Demonstrates self-direction.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.