Applications Analyst V-Epic Radiant
The Applications Analyst V gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works independently and acts as a resource for lower level Application Analysts. This level has advanced knowledge of the functions and applications of information systems and the software development life cycle.
- Performs project management for all software implementation, maintenance, and support processes.
- Coordinates software building, testing and support tasks within the team, and among other Information Technology work groups, other departments within the organization, and vendors.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to team members and mentors staff to promote staff development.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures and in departmental and organizational process improvement efforts.
- Promotes teamwork, facilitates inter-team and intra-team communication and is a role model for the department.
- Considered a high-level specialist who regularly interacts and works with senior management.
- Takes positions of leadership when installing/upgrading new/existing applications and components, configuring application settings and validating work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Takes lead in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, contributes to, coordinates and runs meetings throughout the facility.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analyst’s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Functions as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of assigned analysts, including prioritization of work and coordination of resources.
- Uses advanced techniques, theories, and processes to complete work.
- Team player and ability to multi-task in a progressive environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of healthcare professionals and staff in one to one settings and for group presentations.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the actions of small groups to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Works independently and effectively manages time unsupervised.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the department.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the actions of a team to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Demonstrates self-direction.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.