Applications Analyst III
The Applications Analyst III gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works with little or no supervision and acts as a resource for lower level Application Analysts.
- Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor lower level Application Analysts.
- Installs/upgrades new/existing applications and components, configures application settings, and validates work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Assists in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, and contributes to meetings throughout the facility. Coordinates and runs meetings within the IT department.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analyst’s test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Handles complex issues and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Provides input into policy and procedure redesign.
- Functions as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of three years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
- Works independently and effectively manages time with little or no supervision.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the department.
- Demonstrates self-direction.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.