Anesthesia Technical Coordinator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Anesthesia Technical Coordinator is responsible for overseeing Anesthesia Technicians and functions as an Anesthesia Technician.
A day in the life of an Anesthesia Technical Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performs QA checks and corrects problems if possible or refers problem to appropriate person.
- Assures availability and preparation of appropriate supplies including masks, ET tubes, EKG leads, and breathing circuits.
- Prepares anesthesia machines, equipment, medications, IV solutions and transducers as per protocol.
- Prepares sterile table for inductions of Swan Ganz and CVP line by anesthesiologist.
- Assists anesthesiologist with induction and introduction of lines.
- Draws blood samples from femoral line and performs cardiac output test.
- Coordinates anesthesia supplies needed for other departments.
- Assists in transporting cardiac patients to the Operating Room with the Cardiac Anesthesiologist.
- Maintains inventory, supplies and equipment.
- Cleans cardiac anesthesia machines & drug carts on a daily basis.
- Restocks anesthesia supplies in room daily.
- Removes used equipment, syringes and needles to designated storage area at the completion of all procedures.
- Applies the Principles of Asepsis and Universal Precautions in all duties.
- Assures that supplies are charged to appropriate cost center.
- Ensures the care of equipment after use (cleans, removes and restocks).
- Coordinates Technical staff scheduling to assure appropriate department coverage.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as an Anesthesia Technician.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques, asepsis, and ability to apply such knowledge.
- Experience as an Anesthesia Technical Coordinator
- Certified Anesthesia Technician or Certified Anesthesia Technologist.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.