Accountable Health Community (AHC) Screener
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The AHC Screener provides support for the Hackensack University Medical Center (HackensackUMC) Accountable Health Community (AHC), a program seeking to improve health-related social needs for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries in Bergen and Hudson Counties, NJ. The AHC Screener will primarily work in hospitals throughout the region meeting patients at bedside and connecting them to community services to meet health-related social needs.
A day in the life of Accountable Health Community (AHC) Screener at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Conduct hospital outreach to patients across care settings eligible for the AHC program.
- Administer patient surveys and ensures timely data entry and tracking.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Forge and nurture partnerships with hospital staff and medical office staff to broaden support services for patients.
- Enter and maintain electronic databases and complete other program documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend relevant training as necessary to maintain professional knowledge.
- Adheres to HUMC's guidelines and ensures the appropriate handling of patient sensitive information.
- May work non-traditional hours based on operational needs and to meet the needs of the community.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent years of experience.
- Interest in human services, social services, public health, community health a related field or area.
- Requires the ability to travel to multiple office locations; personal vehicle and automobile that is insured.
- Demonstrates ability to carefully set priorities, meet deadlines, and schedule time efficiently.
- Ability to accurately type and effectively operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well and maintain professionalism under occasional times of stress and pressure.
- Demonstrates ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other people through a cooperative effort.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous, cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, and the community.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly preferred
- Associate's degree.
- 6 months of relevant work or volunteer experience in the non-profit, government, human services, and health care field.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Current Valid Driver's license.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.