Medical Assistant-OBGYN (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This position is for one of New Jersey’s premier OBGYN practices, Healthy Woman OBGYN. This multi physician practice has 3 office locations within Monmouth County and offers superior services to provide patients with the best modern medicine has to offer! Cutting edge gynecology procedures and in office OBGYN scans and testing are accessible to Healthy Woman patients.
As part of a caring and knowledgeable team of physicians and staff, the Medical Assistant will serve as a liaison between the patient and the provider to perform clinical care. Medical reception and other clerical duties will be performed as requested
* Healthy Woman currently has 3 offices, Freehold being the main practice location with satelite offices in Jackson and Tinton Falls. Although primarily based in Freehold, MA may travel to satelite locations up to 3 days per week.
* MA must be willing to work one night a week and one weekend a month.
A day in the life of a Medical Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Monitors flow in waiting areas and exam rooms, and makes patients and team members aware of delays.
- Performs medical assistant duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment; takes brief patient history that includes chief complaint, vital signs, and weight; assists physician with procedures; urine specimens; provides patient instructions per physician’s order; conducts authorized in-office tests
- Proactively reviews chart in advance of patient intake. Completes all authorized patient chart documentation in an accurate, legible and timely manner
- Responsible for the preparation of the examination rooms. Accurately and promptly sets up examination rooms, materials and equipment. Proactively monitors required stock level per practice procedure, and anticipates unique supply needs for patients/provider
- Monitors general clinical supply inventory and equipment
- Performs Medical Receptionist and other clerical duties as requested
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant or similar diploma
- Prefers some knowledge of medical terminology and clinical competencies
- OBGYN experience a plus
- Must be willing to travel between Freehold, Jackson, Tinton Falls office locations
- Must be willing to work one late night per week and one Saturday per month
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.