Well-Being & Resilience Coordinator
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Wellbeing and Resilience Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network-wide total wellbeing and resilience initiatives under the guidance of the Director.
A day in the life of Wellbeing and Resilience Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Develop programs that create awareness, motivation and provides tools to team members that help them adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
- Foster an overall culture of health by encouraging team members to engage in age and gender appropriate preventive healthcare programs.
- Develop health awareness initiatives (e.g., bulletin boards, newsletters), educational campaigns (e.g., lunch and learns, workshops), behavior change programs (e.g., smoking cessation), health assessments/screenings (e.g., biometric events, incentive programs, health fairs).
- Coordinate and deliver wellbeing and resilience programming on healthy lifestyles that includes health seminars and group workshops.
- Encourage wellbeing and resilience program buy-in and support throughout all levels of the organization.
- Create awareness and visibility for wellbeing and resilience through effectively promoting programs/ interventions designed for target populations with specific health conditions.
- Engage team members in public spaces and initiate conversations and invitations to meet one-on-one or in small groups to discuss wellbeing and resilience needs and concerns.
- Collect, evaluate and report data on the effectiveness of wellbeing and resilience initiatives.
- Serve as a mentor to and supporter of the facilitys wellbeing and resilience leaders and assist them in the development of educational tools and resources.
- Identify appropriate evidence-based strategies, preventive health guidelines, and educational materials from credible sources to incorporate into programming. Perform research on relevant topics in health promotion and lifestyle and behavior change.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external business partners to ensure alignment of wellbeing and resilience programs. i.e HRIS, Payroll, Wellness vendor, Medical vendor.
- Respond to timely to inquiries from Team Member Support Services.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree in an applicable field such as health education, health promotion, public health, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 or more years experience providing health and wellbeing and resilience services to varied populations.
- Experience developing and implementing workplace wellbeing and resilience strategies, health education presentations, and engagement solutions.
- Experience delivering health-themed programs such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress management, and physical activity programs.
- Working knowledge of motivational strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer and software application skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must possess a positive attitude and be highly articulate and professional.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Benefits Administration and eBenefits or similar HRIS benefit systems.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Industry certification such as Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.