Vocational Rehab Counselor Ms
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our team members are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care and coaching each and every day. Through the comprehensive care we provide, we are confident that you will be able to apply your skills while building your career within New Jerseys premier healthcare system.
This position provides vocational rehabilitation counseling on an individual and group basis in the Voc Rehab Dept. Provides consumers with responsible case management services in a timely and efficient manner. Offers experiences, information and skills in developing realistic choices about their vocational future. Assures consumer participation and collaboration in rehabilitation planning with documentation. The client's documentation includes informative, concise and timely reports, plans, assessments and notes, etc., that meet CARF, JCAHO, other regulatory agency standards as well as those of the Vocational Rehabilitation Dept.
A day in the life of a Vocational Rehab Counselor MS at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Provides vocational rehabilitation counseling on an individual basis that demonstrates a high quality of clinical skills, methods, and techniques.
- Accurately identifies potential and actual crisis situations and demonstrates ability to intervene efffectively.
- Makes accurate and sensitive case presentations at clinical review meetings and staffings.
- Strives to address all program participants needs with respect to their physical, emotional and educational requirements and documents accommodations.
- Provides responsible services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develop and maintain resource material for consumers and their families.
- Explore community resources for employment and training opportunities.
- Assist program participants in developing a realistic discharge plan that provides continuity of service.
- Writes informative, concise, and timely reports, plans, assessments, notes, etc that meet CARF, JCAHO, funding sources, and department standards.
- Prefer one year of Vocational Rehabilitation counseling with responsibility for Vocational Assessment, Counseling and/or Job Placement.
- Masters Degree in Rehabilitation counseling or related field at an accredited university
- PLEASE NOTE - EXCEPTION FOR NEW HIRES ONLY: Must attain CRC or LRC within one year of employment
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.