Vice President, Integration Transformation Hackensack Meridian Health
The Vice President– Integration and Transformation supports the HMH Integration/Transformation by providing leadership for managing strategies for clinical transformation and integration of the care model to align with industry best practices for improving the patient experience of care (including quality, operations , human experience, etc ), improving the health of populations, and reducing the per capita cost of health care. This individual provides integration guidance and direction to CTS/Councils/Integration teams’ leadership and other network teams to promote interdisciplinary collaborative primary and specialty care across health system’s network of providers and community care partners.
The Vice President– Integration/Transformation will be charged with providing direction, goal setting and input to key strategic, clinical, and operational issues facing HMH. Additionally, while working directly for the IMO this individual will collaborate with HMH leadership in the integration of the CTS teams, Councils and network focused growth groups (current service lines) collaborating on strategic planning at HMH, ensuring that plans are integrated, focused and supported by the executive leadership team.
Works closely with the individual Presidents/CHEs, HMH CTS & Regional presidents, CTS team leaders (Academic Medical Director, Clinical Medical Director and Vice President/Business Unit Leaders) for the IMO, to assist them in executing and meeting stated goals and objectives for HMH.
- Vision, leadership, organization and creativity in the direction of all HMH CTS, Councils, Project Management, and other network teams
- Supports CTS in the management of revenues and expenses in relation to the established budgets; monitors budget variances and implements corrective actions when necessary.
- Assists in the collaborative development, implementation and on-going management of the operating and growth plans of the CTS entities.
- In collaboration with HMH executive leadership and other CTS and Regional leaders, identifies and supports growth opportunities, product development, cost effectiveness, standardization across the network to advance such opportunities.
- Ensures operations, administrative integration and coordination of systems and service initiatives across the HMH continuum.
- Assists the HMH senior leadership teams in the management of administrative and operations relationships and enforces CTS policies and guidelines relating to supportive processes, technology and resources assuring adherence to evidence based care pathways and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the CTS Leadership teams, supports and monitors services quality outcomes through use of the balanced scorecard, identifying opportunities for implementation of clinical standards by using established, evidence based practices, for value based care delivery across the continuum.
- Facilitates coordination and partnership for operations and financial issues with HMH executive leadership, individual facility leaders, Councils, CTS leadership teams to achieve goals. Supports the assessment of new technologies and innovative approaches to care delivery, assuring patient access to leading edge treatment.
- Maintains active leadership status and collaboration with payer strategies, finance, strategy and senior leadership; supports development of risk based payment models for services.
- In collaboration with the Leadership, assists in the financial and operational support development and expansion of research capabilities and access to leading clinical trials, to enhance care to the community (CTS, Regional, and Integration of all new partners consistently for HMH/network .
- Ensures that appropriate resources and/or materials are available to support development of integrated strategy; advances and supports recommendations put forth by Leadership.
- Implements select strategies as charged by the EOC / CTS Council and IMO/Transformation leadership
- Supports the establishment and monitoring of metrics and outcome measures to achieve best practice through the network. Supports achievement of US News and World Report rankings, CMC Star Ratings, Leapfrog, Healthgrades and national quality, safety and patient experience metrics (i.e., HCAHPS).
- Leads meeting discussions, as appropriate, and ensure that integrated protocols are adhered to and obtains status updates as needed and monitors progress between meetings.
- Identifies resource gaps or delays in the planning process and rectifies as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with all internal and external regulatory agency requirements.
- Fosters a culture of collaboration and teamwork, with a dedication to patient care and quality outcomes.
- Ensures a high level of staff engagement to ensure that the CTS/Councils/Integration, etc teams operate in a “Best Place to Work” environment.
- MHA, MPH, MBA, MD, DO, PhD, RN/MSN, or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare operations/management within a large integrated health care organization.
- Strong communication skills and experience with engaging and building relationships with physician leaders, key administrative leadership, and outside constituencies.
- Knowledge of how to work within the care delivery system to deliver integrated quality care and in contain costs; demonstrated ability to develop creative, workable strategies and tactics to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Strong understanding of regulatory compliance as related to CTS.
- Thorough understanding of the business implications of moving from volume to value-based payment for care.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to identify problems, develop solutions and execute on the chosen course of action
- Ability to analyze and develop management reporting that complements management goals; knowledge of health care metrics, benchmarks, and standards that drive and/or shape the industry.
- Ability to organize, plan, budget and prioritize work within time and financial constraints.
- Ability to implement and execute a successful business transformation and subscribe to a new way of doing business apart from historic culture
- Strong leadership presence, relationship building skills and ability to influence, lead and direct individuals in multiple functional areas and across all levels of employees, management and community leaders; effective, imaginative and visionary problem solver.
- Strong business acumen focused on maximizing business and financial results
- Creativity and flexibility in developing and evaluating innovative ideas and ways to evolve health system into the future
- Visionary and able to see the big picture but also dive into the details when necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of CTS principles.
- Advanced knowledge of recommended industry best practice approaches to improve clinical quality and appropriateness of care
- Advanced knowledge of health care & insurance industry current and future trends, in order to assess future market needs.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.