Vice President Finance Physician Services
Provides a leadership role in the HMH physician enterprise by providing strategic and operational financial guidance, implementing and monitoring financial plans, policies and processes, make recommendations for improvements and oversee implementation of financial initiatives that support the Network.
Directs and coordinates the financial operations, physician practice advisory, evaluation and financial planning, practice acquisition due diligence; coordination of outside financial advisors for transactions; Physician contract administration; Physician variable compensation administration for all employed and leased providers; safeguarding the assets of the organization; measuring and reporting the results of Financial performance for the Physician Services Division.
- Provides strategic and operational financial support to all levels of Network Leadership by: supporting strategic initiatives with financial information and advising team and all levels of leadership regarding key financial aspects of the operations and performance. Works closely with other corporate functions including Human Resources, Legal and planning, and others, in regards to operations, new business and financial improvement strategies.
- Financial Management: Directs and coordinates the day to day financial operations of the physician practices by regularly monitoring relevant key financial indicators and performance metrics, modifying business activities where needed in response to changing financial situations. Participates in development of centralized services that support the operations of the physician services and the integrated partner companies. Ensure preparation of annual capital and operating budgets; manage banking structure supporting multiple physician Accountable to achieve the financial and operational goals as developed by senior management and approved by the board.
- Monitoring Performance: Encourages the development cross-functional working relationships and enhancements of the skills of all team members so that the quality-related projects may be addressed effectively and efficiently. Deals with situations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Attends Board and Committee Meetings: Presents financial statements in a clear and concise matter to the various Boards and Board committees. Consistently demonstrates the ability to enhance Board member's understanding of financial issues.
- Financial Reports: Directing and disseminating financial reports within the organization to aid corporate decision making and strategic planning. Ensuring reports reflect accurate and up-to-date information and are distributed on a timely basis. Overseeing the preparation and dissemination of financial reports to external agencies and user of financial data on a timely basis. Ensuring that all financial reports are in compliance with regulatory and bond covenant requirements.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Conducts financial planning and analysis at the highest level to interpret trends, variances from budgets, and variances from standards and provides advice and counsel to staff consistent with established financial policy. Makes decisions that are well thought out and follow best practice.
- Financial Policies and Procedures: Developing and maintaining internal controls relating to financial policies and procedures. Ensuring the safeguarding of the system's assets. Anticipates changing needs, makes appropriate recommendations to support MH objectives.
- People Management: Manages and/or assists in the recruitment, development and supervision of team members. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Data Management and Analytics: Track, analyze, and report on relevant data and metrics as needed and/or requested. Develop, recommend and/or implement actions or process improvements as appropriate.
- Regular contact with Network personnel, physician leadership, hospital presidents, senior management at financial institutions, all levels of Network administration, Insurance/Regulatory Agencies, medical staff, consultants, and law firms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent
- CPA required
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Strong strategic planning skills.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Master Degree, MBA
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.