Unit Manager - RN
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
This unique position is for a Unit Manager at the Extended Recovery Unit, located in Hartwyck at Oak Tree and part of the nationally recognized Center for Brain Injuries operated by HMH/JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute. The program offers specialized care and rehabilitation to individuals with traumatic or acquired brain injuries and is part of the continuum of care offered which includes acute rehabilitation, subacute rehabilitation, and outpatient cognitive services. We are a CARF accredited rehabilitation program.
We are seeking an experienced RN who is energetic and passionate about helping and working with individuals who have sustained traumatic or acquired brain injuries and other neurological conditions. Experience working with brain injury based disorders and neurological impairments is prefered. The candidate will be part of a multi disciplinary team and will assist with program development and refinement as needed.
Responsibilities include the following: Assist the Director of Nursing in providing direction and supervision to nursing staff to ensure quality patient care is given. Ensures all federal/state regulations for documentation and patient care are met. Monitors staff to ensure all facility policies and procedures are followed. Acts as a liaison between patients, families, other departments, and outside services to meet patient needs. Works closely with the Extended recovery Unit on site physician and medical staff to ensure daily communication on patient status and follow up needed.
A day in the life of a Unit Manager at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assesses and evaluates staff to ensure they are providing quality care.
- Ensures staff are knowledgeable of patient care and equipment use.
- Orients new employees to the unit policies and procedures.
- Works with an Interdisciplinary Team to ensure quality services are provided.
- Attends weekly patient care rounds
- Ensures all required documentation is completed as per state/federal guidelines.
- Participates in the Facility Performance Improvement Program.
- Attends all required meetings as per Director of Nursing.
- Participates in the hiring process as needed.
- Disciplines staff as needed.
- Holds monthly communication staff meetings for all shifts and care conferences with patients, families, and the Interdisciplinary Care Team.
- Accountable for 24-hour patient care provided on assigned unit.
- Assists Director of Nursing as needed.
- On-call one month weekend required
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- Perform clinical care professionally
- Serve as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Long-term care facility experience
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations
- IV Certification
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ State Professional Registered Nurse License
- BLS Basic Life Support
- CPR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.