Ultrasound Tech, MFM
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Ultrasound Tech, MFM is responsible for performing a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist medical and professional personnel in detecting anatomical abnormalities.
A day in the life of an Ultrasound Tech, MFM at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performs procedures according to departmental format, completing exam in allotted time.
- Performs required daily clerical duties, which include the use of IDXrad, SMS, Last Word, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by Medical Center.
- Performs portable ultrasound exams when necessary.
- Perform a variety of complex technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to detect anatomical abnormalities including masses, abscesses and stones in accordance with prescribed sonographic procedures; assist physician with biopsy deep abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound as required.
- Determines, prepares and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment.
- Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures and measurements and positioning patients for each anatomical view; explain procedures.
- Evaluates technical quality of images obtain representative images of pathogenic conditions; process accordance with standard procedures or techniques.
- Maintains records of ultrasound taken, archiving and de-archiving data as required; calculate, compile and record data from numerical readings on patient's charts and related documents.
- Calibrates, cleans and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning; clean and sterilize instruments, supplies and equipment; stock and replenish supplies as required.
- Provides technical assistance and instruction to students, employees and medical residents.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational. Essential Position Specific Functions:
- Performs Anatomy and Physiology exams of fetuses of all gestational ages including Level II scans, 3D scans, Detailed Fetal Cardiac Anatomy scans, Transvaginal scans, and Doppler studies.
- Assists in procedures such as Amniocentensis, Chorioric Villi Sampling, and fetal reductions.
- Performs Gyn U/S exams.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of approved Ultrasound School.
- 2 years training in Allied Health/College.
- Minimum1 year of clinical experience in OB/GYN ultrasound.
- Knowledge of all ultrasound equipment, their function and operation of each control.
- Understanding of equipment and computer systems as well as the procedures for equipment service.
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
- Knowledge of safety, infection, and disaster policy and procedures, including implementation of patient care in cases of an emergency situation.
- Ability to cover weekends on a rotation basis (roughly once every six weeks).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge to aid in invasive fetal procedures with MFM specialist.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 5 years of clinical experience in OB/GYN ultrasound.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Nuchal Translucency Certification.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.