Training Specialist, Patient Access Center
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Contact Center Training Specialist ensures outstanding service to our patients by developing and delivering all training programs for the Patient Access Center including customer service skills, policies and procedures and all relevant systems and platforms. This role will serve as a facilitator who is dedicated to the teaching, development and retention of new and existing team members. Perform assorted administrative or operational functions such as assisting in the research and development of multi-media training materials and maintaining a training calendar and database. Responsibilities include onboarding of new hires, initial training, residual and advanced skill training. Responsible for retraining and cross-training of existing staff onto new programs. This work includes competency development and ensuring ongoing competency of staff.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree and/or 5+ years experience in high-volume, multi-skilled and multi-site Contact Center required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading training including training/facilitation experience, preferably in a classroom or large audience setting.
- Must be competent in the use of PCs, phones, software applications, and office equipment
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills are required to interact effectively with all levels of staff, as well as external vendors and/or customers.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficient use of tools to create engaging presentations and work aids to be used either in-person or in virtual training environments.
- Must be self-motivated, innovative, and flexible to cover morning, evening, and weekend shifts, as needed.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work style, and ability to work within a diverse team.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, HMH Compliance Program, Standards of Conduct, as well as other policies in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Suite platforms.
- Must have good problem solving skills; ability to approach problems logically and troubleshoot.
- Must have good time management skills; multitasking, prioritizing to accomplish multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to adjust training to meet individual learning styles and needs.
- Contributes to a positive departmental image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability, teamwork, and mutual respect.
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Understands and communicates the department¿s vision to team members.
- Identifies and actively drives team changes, staffing and training needed to support needs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Experience in Healthcare industry
- Experience with Epic
- Proven expertise with Cisco.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.