Third Party Follow-Up Rep
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
The Third Party Follow-up Rep performs follow-up procedures on unpaid third party accounts by accessing Payer Portals and calling insurance payers, where applicable.
A day in the life of a Third Party Follow-up Rep at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Performs account analysis to ascertain the required follow-up procedure.
- Researches suspended/pending claims and transfers information to the payer.
- Prepares report for payer for large volume of outstanding claims.
- Reports collection efforts/issues for high dollar accounts to management at monthly meetings.
- Processes third party vouchers and verifies accuracy and timeliness of payment.
- Reconciles managed care payments to the explanation of benefits to determine patients' responsibility and performs comparison to managed care contract for accuracy.
- Initiates aging reports by financial class in order to identify problematic areas and accelerate cash flow.
- Resubmits claims to payers via hard copy, fax, or electronic medium.
- Contacts physician offices and/or patient and other hospital departments to secure the appropriate information (referrals, notifications, pre-authorizations, and any other required documentation for the payer) in order to process the claim.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in patient accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Some post-secondary education.
- Knowledge of EPIC.
- Experience with Google applications.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Successfully pass completion of EPIC assessment within 30 days after Network access granted.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.