Telemetry Technician (Per Diem)
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the life of a Telemetry Technician at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Properly prepares, places and maintains telemetry monitoring on patients as ordered including orienting patients to the telemetry system. Properly identifies each cardiac rhythm, and obtains and mounts the arrhythmia strips and trends with label and interpretation. Reports cardiac rhythm changes to primary nurse and/or charge nurse. Reviews alarms with interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, MDs, nursing staff, and therapies. Demonstrates effective communication skills when dealing with patients, families and colleagues
- Maintains accurate and current Admission/Discharge Sheet, Telemetry Report Sheet, and EKG Log. Gives report to oncoming Telemetry Tech. Communicates with Charge Nurse, Primary Nurse and Transport when patient requires the telemetry monitoring system to be put on or taken off. Precepts and orients new Telemetry Techs as needed. Answer phones and any other administrative task deemed necessary by the Nurse Manager/Charge nurse
- Maintains adequate stock and supplies. Maintains cleanliness of telemetry equipment including telemetry transmitter. Maintains accurate and current maintenance log. Reports malfunction of equipment to charge nurse / biomed
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a cardiac rhythm course.
- Documentation of successful training as a monitor technician or equivalent experience.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.