Employee Relations Specialist
How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Regional Team Member Relations Specialist reports to the Director, Team Member Relations and is responsible for partnering with designated Human Resources operations partners to oversee key employee relations and compliance initiatives aligned to the broader organizational strategy, and work as a trusted advisor providing support and guidance to leaders of all levels. The Regional TM Relations Spec will serve as the TM Relations subject matter expert for their respective areas and will be responsible for partnering with the HR Operations team on the execution, administration, and delivery of TM Relations services including, but not limited to, conducting investigations, corrective actions, conflict resolution, climate assessments, and monitoring compliance programs. The Regional TM Relations Spec will also be accountable for specific functional work products of the department. This role performs required tasks and initiatives following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records, and delivering services in a professional and efficient manner. This role will provide prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and an overall positive TM and client experience.
*This role offers a hybrid schedule (on and off-site support).* This position will support the North Region, specifically Hackensack University Medical Center and Palisades Medical Center, and Nutley Campus.
A Day in the life of a Regional Team Member Relations Specialist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- In partnership with HR Operations teams and in collaboration with Legal, conducts thorough investigations into TM concerns, some involving complex, high risk, and highly sensitive investigations including, but not limited, to allegations of harassment, workplace violence, discrimination, retaliation, employee misconduct, and provides recommended actions based on findings.
- Monitors the progress and completion of all corrective actions and progressive discipline flowing from internal investigations, including updating the HR internal tracking tool.
- Manages, advises on, and conducts investigations involving TMs both virtual and on site.
- Serves as a consultative partner and resource to the HR Operations teams on complex employment situations such as terminations, reductions in force, progressive discipline, corrective actions, performance improvement plans, and accommodations.
- Conducts climate assessments, and works with the TM Relations team to implement risk mitigation strategies in partnership with HR Operations.
- Partners with HR Operations to oversee the implementation of action plans stemming from investigation trends, compliance opportunities, engagement surveys, and climate assessments in support of enhancing our overall TM experience.
- Provides support to the HR Operations team on Joint Commission, Department of Health, or other surveys as needed. Implements tools and templates as needed.
- Supports the implementation of TM Relations and compliance initiatives as assigned
- Responsible for handling confidential and time sensitive material.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent specialized Human Resources/Employee Relations experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible HR experience with exposure to employee relations.
- Working knowledge of US Federal and State Employment laws including, but not limited to, Title VII, ADEA, and FLSA.
- Sound critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to apply those skills to a wide range of HR issues.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to present data to identify trends and offer strategic advice.
- Excellent communicator with ability to present information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand ideas. Able to appropriately adapt message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences.
- Objective, approachable, and able to interact effectively with all levels of employees both in person and virtually in a positive and respectful manner.
- Able to maintain the highest level of personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Adaptable and flexible, and motivated to drive results in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant, and can meet deadlines with a strong sense of urgency and adaptability.
- Proficient with either MS Office or Google productivity tools.
- Able to develop processes and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to support rollout of a proactive TM and labor relations strategy focused on building leadership skills to promote TM engagement.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Investigation experience including interviewing of witnesses, taking notes, and writing investigation summaries.
- Bilingual or multilingual verbal communication skills.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- HR Certification.
- Union Experience
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.