Teacher Certified - Full Time
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
Excellent communication skills. Prepares educational materials required to implement high quality early childhood daily activities. Prepares weekly lesson plans, daily plans and monthly newsletters. Provides supervision and guidance of children at all times. Interacts with children equally, showing respect and consideration. Filling in as acting Supervisor on an occasional basis during the Director/Assistant Director's temporary absence and only if formally requested. Supervises assistant teachers and per diem staff, and delegates responsibilities in a professional manner. Follows all JFK health and Department of Human Services policies. Attends staff and parent meetings, as well as open house. Must be able to lift 40 - 50 pounds. Excellent communication skills.
A Day in the life of a Teacher at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy, demonstrates knowledge of students, establishes instructional outcomes, demonstrates knowledge of resources, designs coherent instruction, designs student assessments
2. Creates an environment of respect and rapport, establishes a culture for learning, manages classroom procedures, manages student behavior, organizes physical space
3. Communicates with students, uses questioning and discussion techniques, engages students in learning, uses assessment in instruction, demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness
4. Reflects on teaching, maintains accurate records, communicates with families, participates in a professional community, growing and developing professionally, showing professionalism
5. Demonstrates successful outcomes for student growth & development toward achieving learning objectives/standards
6. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
7. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. BA or BS in Early Childhood Education or other appropriate discipline. Must have Pediatric First Aid/CPR AED certifications and active PINJ registry within 30 days of hire.
2. Previous teaching experience required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of two years of teaching experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Teacher (NJ Depart of Ed).
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
3. NJ Workforce Registry.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.