Supervisor, Pharmacy (Full-Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
A Day in the life of Supervisor Pharmacy at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Assists the Pharmacy Management Team with the oversight of the daily operations of the department, and keeps the Assistant Director and Director of Pharmacy apprised of any significant issues.
- Assists the Pharmacy Management Team with ensuring that Pharmacy services are optimal and meet patient and provider needs.
- Identifies and corrects potential problems and performs service recovery as needed.
- Troubleshoots daily interactions and instances that deviate from standard and require oversight or mediation for resolution.
- Assists the Pharmacy Management Team with meeting all regulatory, accreditation and certification requirements.
- Assists the Pharmacy Management Team and the Pharmacy Buyer with maintaining control and security of medication products utilized within the organization.
- Coordinate the activities of staff to ensure appropriate response time.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member engagement.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Assists the Pharmacy Management Team with policy and procedure development, implementation, review and revision.
- Works with the Assistant Director and/or Director of Pharmacy and other supervisory staff to help coordinate the training for and use of technology within the department.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- BS in Pharmacy, PharmD preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Hospital Pharmacy.
- Successful management of people and processes.
- In depth understanding of USP 797 and USP 800 regulations
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ licensure in good standing
- BCPS preferred
- PGY-1 Residency preferred
- PGY-2 Administrative Residency preferred
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.