How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Under the direction of the Director of Imaging Services, the Sup, Radiology is responsible for the organization, functional management and leadership of daily operations in the Diagnostic Imaging Section and functions as a facilitator to ensure patient care services and technical quality through coordination of staff assignments and ongoing staff development.
- Monitor first case start times, no shows, late arrivals and empty table times and taking corrective actions as appropriate.
- Ensures that all criteria for scheduling and performing tests are met such as: bloodwork, safety check list, ALARA, medication administration prior to and during testing.
- Maintains statistics for patient counts, procedure counts and charges and reconciles monthly (To include patient classifications).
- Annual review of new CPT/HCPCS codes for each procedure to ensure maximum reimbursement potential. Quarterly audit of charging processes to ensure maximum revenue potential.
- Observes, evaluates, coaches, and manages staff to meet department goals.
- Provides coverage and support for his/her team to maintain service level agreements.
- Ensures correct documentation in Clinstar, CR readers, Digital patient work list and PACS.
- This will include diagnosis, procedure history, technical notes, technologist initials, physician’s phone and fax numbers and Radiologist name completing exam. Verifies in PACS after completion of x-ray exam and documentation.
- Maintains data, prepares dashboard and submits on a monthly basis.
- Communicates with the members of the Radiology Group to ensure appropriateness of services provided, timeliness in procedure completion and consistency in protocols, patient care and report turnaround times.
- Researches, develops and formulates new techniques, imaging protocols and procedures that maintain quality services, meet customer demand and promote growth in market share.
- Is very proficient in the use of RIS, PACS and PHS and other systems as needed so as to troubleshoot and/or train staff to utilize these systems to their best and highest use.
- Manages department supply and labor costs within the approved annual operational budget. Prepares staffing plans and schedules within the approved annual operational budget that meet the needs of the department while keeping overtime to a minimum.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the efficient delivery of modality services through coordination of staff and room resources, patient scheduling and proactive planning.
- Require three years’ experience in a diagnostic imaging environment.
- Two years radiologic technology supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of radiologic technology. A.A.S. degree in radiologic technology preferred.
- Registered with A.R.R.T.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration - All NJ Licenses must be current
- Diagnostic Radiography License - D.R.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Certification – ARRT
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.