How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Sup, Payroll will oversee the day-to-day operations of assigned Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) network team, which is comprised of Payroll Analysts at different levels. Will be expected to achieve quality and customer service excellence through accurate and timely data entry of payroll entries, payroll adjustments, audits, and corrections and supporting the processing of bi-weekly payrolls (both on & off-cycle), along with ad-hoc duties and projects as assigned.
- Supervise and review accuracy of all work performed (i.e. payroll adjustments, call center case responses and all payroll entries) to ensure accurate data entry and payroll computation prior to processing.
- Meet with team daily to set the work expectations for the day and follow-up to ensure tasks have been completed successfully. Work expectations will be defined jointly with the Payroll Leadership team.
- Observe calls through the call center hotline to identify communication errors and behaviors for achieving customer service excellence. Review metrics (response time, abandoned calls, duration of calls, information accuracy, tone and behaviors) and implement solutions to improve performance and productivity to meet predefined goals.
- Establish frequent status meetings to discuss performance issues and provide guidance and training as needed.
- Provide clear goals to staff and allow them to develop their plans for achieving them; goals should be in alignment with Payroll department goals.
- Foster a positive climate and encourage strong work ethics through coaching and mentoring
- Communicate proactively and effectively with staff to remove barriers for improvement.
- Administer performance evaluations based on factual supporting documentation, individual and department performance goals.
- Promptly communicate to the Payroll Leadership team any events of critical importance or employee issues.
- Hire, discipline and terminate employees in accordance with HMH and Payroll Department performance standards.
- Oversee the recording of hours and attendance for direct reports.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 5 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High School or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 or more years’ in a payroll supervisory position supporting 10,000+ employees.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced, high pressured environment.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective management skills to achieve aggressive goals and maintain high productivity.
- PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, WorkDay or other in house system experience with processing payroll.
- Must be PC literate with strong Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook experience.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting, related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- PeopleSoft Time and Labor experience.
- Any type of call center experience observing and managing customer service.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification upon hire.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.