Student Intern, Strategy and Business Development
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Location: Edison, NJ
Duration: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
The intern will engage in high-visibility projects at the hospital and/or system level that involve strategic planning, business development, ambulatory care networks and optimization of services. Tasks include providing support to the following:
- Competitor profiles
- Market Assessments
- Regulatory reviews
- Strategic Analytics
- Demand Feasibility studies – Volume projections
- AHA survey comparative analyses and submissions
- College student with preferred area of concentration including Healthcare informatics, Economics, Healthcare Administration
- Knowledge or experience in outcomes and economy is preferred.
- Experience and ability to provide the team with competitive landscape and information from studying markets.
- Experience in business planning and identifying gaps in the marketplace.
- Experience in PowerPoint and excel strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and a strong attention to detail
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.