Student Intern, Special Events
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Location: Edison, NJ
Duration of Internship: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
This internship would support the manager of special events in all aspects of the Network’s special events for employees, patients, and the community-at-large, from the conceptual stage, through all the planning and promotion, up to and including the follow through after the event.
- Support all aspects of the various patient and/or community events held throughout the internship.
- Involvement in various hospital-wide employee and physician recognition and special event functions, including the Team Member Celebration, Health Expo, Press Conferences, Music Programs, Ice Cream Socials, Board & Leadership retreats, etc.
- Applies established event planning, public relations and marketing principles and practices to ensure the most successful events possible.
- Coordinates and monitors events’ and complex projects’ timelines and meets deadlines.
- Prepares and distributes post event evaluations. Gathers results, tabulates and analyzes feedback to ensure special events are meeting expectations.
- Assists in preparing a variety of publications, printed materials, and programs for events.
- Maintains a calendar of events.
- Attends meetings as needed and represents Hackensack Meridian Health and the Communications and Public Relations Department with service groups.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with colleagues and others contacted in the course of work.
- Responds to sensitive matters and/or situations with discretion, tact, and confidentiality.
- Develops project budgets.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with all project budgets by monitoring expenditures and working diligently to meet or exceed budget performance targets.
- Continually communicates project status to internal stakeholders through various formal and informal mechanisms.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Managerial Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of five pounds, pushes and pulls a minimum of five pounds, and stands a minimum of one hour a day.
- College student with preferred area of concentration in Hospitality, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management, or a related field
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and to handle ample latitude
- Strong research and/or internet search tool skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large-scale projects
- Strong time-management, organization, and coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- External travel for off-site events, visiting event locations and other Hospitals within the network
Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.