Student Intern, Network Marketing and Communications
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Internship locations will vary between Hackensack Meridian Health campuses from Bergen County down to Southern Ocean County.
Duration: Summer 2020 (10 weeks; starting June 1)
The Hackensack Meridian Health Network Marketing & Communications Summer Internship Program offers a select number of internships each summer to provide individuals with a strong understanding of communications and marketing, specifically in the health care industry. Interns will gain a well-rounded experience in many areas, including: coordinating and implementing programs and events, writing for newsletters and collateral, creating social media content, marketing research, and exposure in a hospital and/or office setting.
This internship is well-suited for individuals seeking careers in fields such as Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations. A candidate’s skill set and interests will be matched accordingly with individuals throughout the department.
- Positive interactions and maintenance of good relationships with a large team consisting of all ages and types of people from different backgrounds
- Effective communication, both orally and written, in line with Hackensack Meridian Health’s brand standards
- Event promotion and marketing through different media outlets
- Researching and initiating creative projects from concept to implementation
- College student with preferred area of concentration including, but is not limited to, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel
- Ability to work in video production a plus
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and a strong attention to detail
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.