Student Intern, JFK Medical Center Foundation
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
- Location: Edison, NJ
- Duration of internship: Summer 2020
As a Summer 2020 intern at JFK Medical Center Foundation, college students can gain a well-rounded experience in many areas, including: coordinating and implementing programs and events, writing promotional content for websites and collateral, donor research, and exposure in a hospital and/or office setting. This internship is well-suited for individuals seeking careers in fields such as Communications, Marketing, Event Planning and Fundraising.
- Positive interactions and maintenance of good relationships with a large team consisting of all ages and types of people from different backgrounds.
- Promotion and marketing of fundraising events through different media outlets.
- Planning, Marketing and Implementing of Foundation’s Annual 5K Fundraiser and other fundraising events/initiatives.
- Ensuring that event and fundraising content/collaterals are written/designed to meet the needs of the target audience, whether it be patients, physicians, general public or existing donors.
- College student with preferred area of concentration including, but not limited to, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or a related field
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite would be helpful, but is not required
- Knowledge of Social Media Platforms would be helpful, but is not required
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to collaborate, prioritize, multi-task, and have a strong attention to detail
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.